Nebraska City PT
While the coronavirus pandemic continues to be front and center in the news and in the thoughts of many people, other health issues have not gone away. People are still getting back and neck pain, overuse injuries and hurt while at work. Many of these people would benefit from seeing a physical therapist. We have made changes at our clinic to allow our therapists to continue to serve patients while promoting a safe environment.
Here are some of the procedures happening at Nebraska City Physical Therapy to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spreading among patients and staff.
Patients and Treatment
- All patients are asked screening questions when calling to make therapy appointments
- Temperatures are taken and screening questions are asked again before all treatment sessions
- All individuals entering the clinic must use hand sanitizer upon entry
- All patients (and any necessary visitors) must wear a mask for the entire period they are inside the clinic
- If more than one patient is being treated at a time in the clinic, we adhere to social distancing in the treatment space so that no patients are less than 6 feet apart at any time.
Staff and Cleaning Protocols
- All staff are monitored for signs of infection, and ill or exposed workers are required to stay home until they meet our return-to-work criteria
- All staff, including receptionists and clerical staff, wear a mask at all times while in the treatment area
- All clinic staff wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds between patients and after touching any potentially contaminated surface
- Therapists maintain social distancing from patients when practical during treatment sessions
- Therapy equipment is cleaned between each patient with a disinfectant that meets the criteria for use against COVID-19
Physical therapists are medical professionals who were trained to deal with infectious diseases and keep people safe long before COVID-19 existed. By making changes throughout our workflows and patient experiences, we reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 among staff and patients, while continuing to deliver needed therapy services. If you are in need of PT treatment, but are hesitant to go into the clinic, give us a call. We are happy to discuss our policies and procedures.
To reduce or eliminate going into the clinic, ask us about using telehealth either exclusively or in combination with in-person treatment. This is a time of uncertainty, but by reacting with flexibility and creativity we can continue to address your therapy needs. Don’t let concerns over COVID-19 keep you in pain or from the treatment you need.