At Nebraska City Physical Therapy, we strive to help people of ALL ages get back to living the life they desire. This means a life free from painkillers and multiple visits to the doctor’s office. We will get you back to enjoying all of the activities you love, without pain holding you back.
When chronic pain strikes in your knees, shoulders, back, neck, etc. or you experience an injury – we all know it’s very tempting to just hope it “goes away” on its own with time or rest. Each day you hope you will wake up and it will no longer be there. Too often this isn’t the case, and the pain ends up getting worse over time.
Reaching into the medicine cabinet for painkillers is easy and can temporarily take the edge off your pain. However, they are not good for your long-term health, they mask the symptom without fixing the cause, and can even lead to addiction. In fact, this country is in the middle of an Opioid Crisis!
- Have you been avoiding family reunions? Children’s/grandchildren’s sporting events? Concerts? Are you worried you’ll be “out of commission” for the next few days?
- Are you afraid to go out with friends or family because you’re worried about the pain, knowing you’ll pay for it the next day?
- Are you an athlete who wants to get back to the same or even improved level of performance you were at before injury?
- Are you struggling with simple tasks around the house such as carrying groceries, doing dishes, reaching into a cupboard, carrying laundry up and down the stairs, or vacuuming the floors?
- Do you feel you are missing out on playing with your kids/grandchildren because you can’t pick them up or stay active?
- Have you had surgery and you’ve improved but haven’t quite gotten back to where you wanted to be?
- Are you already an active person, but you simply want to improve your performance?
Maybe you are feeling confused or skeptical because you’ve already sought advice from other healthcare professionals about these issues. Maybe you’ve even seen another physical therapist in the past, but nothing they said or did actually helped you.
If this described you, you aren’t alone. At Nebraska City Physical Therapy we’ve literally heard it hundreds of times. We regularly hear from patients that they:
- Thought the pain would go away by itself. BUT it got worse instead.
- Paid several visits to the Doctor and were told to “rest” or take painkillers. BUT when this didn’t work, MORE rest was prescribed and you ended up with a STRONGER painkiller.
- Tried some do-it-yourself exercises on YouTube, BUT this either didn’t help or made your condition worse.
- Thought rest would be a good idea because the pain was so severe, BUT their pain and stiffness only increased.
- Were told by a friend or family member “Welcome to old-age” or “that’s just a part of getting older.”
If any of this has happened to you, we can help. All you need to do is talk with one of our physical therapists. This discussion is something that we offer to people who may have a recent injury or lingering pain, unsure what it is or what to do with it. Start by reaching out to us on the phone, with an email, or by stopping the clinic so that we can find out what is wrong and talk about what can be done. This discussion comes without financial risk or obligation.
Nebraska City Physical Therapy has helped over 3,000 individuals just like you. We believe people of all ages deserve to have timely access to great healthcare. You can come directly to our clinic without a doctor’s prescription. This is because Nebraska is a Direct Access state. You can utilize your insurance benefits for physical therapy services without needing to see a doctor first. We will assess your situation and work with your primary care provider to establish a plan of care when formal treatment is needed. We will refer you to your physician if needed.
We Love To Help People!
Even if you’ve had pain for years, we can help you find out what’s wrong, get back to what you love doing and ENHANCE your life!
Meet our Team
Brett Smith, PT, DPT, ATC
Tyler Klotz, PT, DPT, ATC
Bryce Rolenc, PT, DPT
Tina Smith, PTA
Stacy Bellar, PTA
Susan Benton, PTA